Repetitive strain injury or carpel tunnel?

Hand Problems Discussion Group: Hand Problems Discussion Area: Repetitive strain injury or carpel tunnel?
By Anonymous on Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 01:39 am:

I have pain and snapping when I move my right wrist back and forth. I was told this "snapping" is good by my osteopath as it relieves tension. However, I know something is wrong as I believe it shouldn't snap or pop. I also have pain in my hands that shoots through my fingers and weakens them and extreme stiffness at times.

I type all day at work and the more I do, the worst it gets. My osteopath said that he could make this totally go away. I am a bit skeptical and haven't seen him since December because of the cost but sometimes I had relief from the pain and sometimes nothing.

I went to my doctor and am getting an x-ray done for carpal tunnel. I don't experience numbness, just pain throughout my fingers, wrists, and even now my forearms.

I am not sure what to do to get rid of this, it is really bothering me as it effects my job. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

By Anonymous on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 02:21 pm:

I have numbness and tingling in my left hand, mostly my left index finger which is the only completely numb finger on that hand. The joints looks a bit swollen on the index finger, and when I slightly hit my palm with my right hand fist I get that tingling feeling in all fingers. Also, on my right hand both my index finger and middle finger is numb. They are numb all the time now and the joints on them also are swollen. It's been about a month now since this happened to both hands. I was fishing on a very cold morning (about 37-47 degrees) and my hands were frozen to the point I couldn't feel them and bait my hook. When I got home I warmed them in warm to hot water, but the feeling never returned in the fingers mentioned above. They hurt sometimes, and I get that burning sensation, and slight pain, but stays numb all the time.

I am a computer programmer and have been in the field for over 20 years. I've never had a problem with my hands or fingers until I returned from fishing that day. I've known about CTP from other data entry operators, secretaries, etc., but never experienced any symtoms myself until now. I thought I had "frostnip" and after a few days/weeks my feeling would return. Not so!!!

I am not sure what to do to get rid of this, or know what I have (or what i'm suffering from) exactly. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Peace!!!

By Anonymous on Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 11:17 pm:

I have been typing for over 13 years. I work for the government in the court house and all I do is enter information in the computer all day long. I have been experiencing severe pain on my right hand. My thumb is most of the time numb and at the present time the pain in running up my arm. I do not know what to do with this pain. I went to the State doctor and all they tell me is to put ice for 20 minutes and take Celebrex. And of course wear the splint everyday all day. This is what I have been doing and it did work the first couple of days, but now the same is getting worse since is going up my arm to my shoulder too.

By Anonymous on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 01:20 pm:

I WAKE UP IN THE MORNINGS WITH MY FINGERS ON MY RIGHT HAND FEELING NUMB AND MY SHOULDER HURTS RIGHT THE JOINT . AT SOME POINT IN DAY THE PAIN
EVEN TRAVELS TO MY ELBOW AND STARTS CRAMPING . I'M GETTING TO THE POINT THAT IT HURTS TO RAISE MY ARM OVER MY HEAD, IS THIS CARPAL TUNNEL OR DO I NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR FOR SOMETHING ELSE?

By Anonymous on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 01:24 pm:

I WAKE UP IN THE MORNINGS WITH MY FINGERS ON MY RIGHT HAND FEELING NUMB AND MY SHOULDER HURTS RIGHT AT THE JOINT. AT SOME POINT IN DAY THE PAIN
EVEN TRAVELS TO MY ELBOW AND STARTS CRAMPING . I'M GETTING TO THE POINT THAT IT HURTS TO RAISE MY ARM OVER MY HEAD, IS THIS CARPAL TUNNEL OR DO I NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR FOR SOMETHING ELSE?

By janice on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 12:35 pm:

Hi, sounds to me like it is a trapped nerve further up your arm....nerves can be trapped in and around the neck area..also at the elbow...can produce symptoms similar to carpal tunnel.....need to seek advice from a rhemmy who may send you for some nerve conduction studies...this is just my opinion im not an expert only a fellow suffer!! but i have had carpal tunnel,,,but had ops on both my wrists now.
hope this helps
take care janice

By Anonymous on Monday, December 01, 2003 - 08:24 pm:

Hi, I am being sent to see a Neurologist as my orth seems to think I have cts....I have been a server, manager for about 16 years... and my shoulder and neck ache 24/7...i had an mri i have bone spurs in the neck area, but is not afftecting the nerves in my neck...I do some typing for work... but not a lot of hours. my wrists do not hurt...I have tingling in my hands and sometimes esp at night i cannot sleep due to an aching in my arms ...can cts...affect my neck and shoulder even more than my wrists???I am very confused and hope the neurologist can shed some light...I am so tired of aching shoulder and neck and upper back areas that I could scream....any advice>>>>

By Melissa on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 06:05 pm:

Hi. I am experiencing my left thumb cramping and wanting to draw up. I went to a nueroligist and he said that i didnt have carpol tunnel syndrome but he did say that i had a problem with the main tendon that is in the thumb. What do i do about this cause i currently have a workers comp. case on this and i have an attorney for the case but i know for a fact that the problem is from me doing repetitive motion at work. I am a closer for a glove factory and i work 9 hour days getting out about 300 gloves a day and by the time i go home my left hand is cramping and starting to radiate pain up my fore arm of my left arm. Could anyone offer me any advice for pain relief?

Thanks

By Brandon on Saturday, June 12, 2004 - 03:30 pm:

HI, I've recently had some problems in both my hands, while typing this message four of my fingers have gone numb. When i Wake in the morning for the past week, Both hands are completely numb and the joints in my shoulder and elbow are tight and painful. I over exerted myself on a wall mount tv bracket about 2 weeks ago, but the pain has since gone away, now it just gets numb all the time. I think its CTS, but why hasn't it gone away yet, and why does it hurt all the way through my joints?

By beth on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 08:48 am:

Just wondering if anyone had visible swelling just right above the wrist area? Not really even obivous swelling, just underneath the skin. I dont know if I would even call it a lump, just swelling. I also have classic cts symptoms, especially waking up in the middle of the night with numb fingers, any comments on what the swelling under the skin could be, or is this a symptom of cts?

By Lexx Sharpe on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 01:03 pm:

i have just been diagnosed with having "Carpol Tunnel Syndrome. The effects im having are in both hands and i am a little worried as im only 17. When i touch water or any other form of liquid i get the skin coming off in my hands for one, Also i dont have much feeling in my hands themselves i have noticed a little strenth enhancement but weather that's just due to the fqact that io cant really feel anything in my hands i dont know. Any help would be great thanks ;)

By Rick on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 01:58 pm:

Numbness in the fingers is one of main symtoms of carpal tunnel syndrome. A good way to test for cts is to rub an ice cube on the fore wrist when your fingers are numb. (it works for me) If the numbness subsides you should get tested for cts. There is a new device you should check out that will do the same thing (stop the numbness) but not as wet. Check out www.warecomedical.com.

By mike on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 01:27 am:

my name is mike, and for almost a year now, ive had carpul tunel syndrom, but i dont think it is, cause i dont do reputisious movements with my hands, my symptoms are through out the day, numbness, burrning, and pain, in my hands, it started in my right hand, at night it gets worse, ive been to the dr. had blood testing for arthrites- neg. resaults, border line diabetic, high blood presure. ive been to the chiropracter and been in traction for about 35 visits, but the last month i went stagnet, and the numbness and burrning pain went to the left hand and is getting worse, and the right hand being on a scale 1-10 10 good, right hand is a 8 left is a 2. were my arms bend at the elbows, starting to feel sorness when i bend them. some days good some bad. trying diet for weight loss and trying to get away from border diabetic. tryed wrist and arm braces, cuts off circulation and goes numb. any advise would be helpful.

By Anonymous on Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 09:19 pm:

For the past two months or more, I have had
severe stiffness in my finger joints when I go
to sleep at night that has been waking me up. It
feels like I can' open my hand. In the morning
finger and knucle joints are sore and swollen.
the moment I get out of bed my fingers pretty
much return to normal but sore. They do swell
sometimes during the day. Any advise helpful.

By Anonymous on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 11:00 pm:

i had a chiro adjust my back and neck then a deep massage. A week later my left arm started to tingle and now about another week later my index finger tip gets numb. This happens maybe 10 times a day. More when i sit in front of the computer.
if you can advise please email me also.
jp@pe.net
thanks
jim

By Steve Walsh on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 05:18 am:

I had a shooting pain in my thumb and now the knuckle of my thumb is 100% numb in a spot. If one takes their left hand and makes a rigid salute then places their hand with fingers tight on the table, from the top of the thumb pointing to the cieling over to the back of the hand will take a pin stuck in it with no feeling.

Any chance this will go away? Is this in the catagory of CTS? Should I see a neurologist or an orthopedic surgeon?

Thanks,
steve927@yahoo.com

By mike on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 12:50 am:

Hi this is mike agian, and I had Talked with a lady in my home town, and she had the same symptoms as mine, she went to the same dr. and chiropracter, and got the same results as I did, then she checked out this dr. who is an ortho. and they did some testing and came to the conclusion that she had muscel inflamation diseas. He gave her a perscription for antiflamitory med. ( for got the name of drug ) but she hasnt had to take it for two months now and she feels normal now with no problems, so I made an app. with the same dr. on oct.14th and if I remeber I will come back to this web sight with my results, I hope there is releif in my future, Im a quad rider out west and ridding season starts at the end of oct. p.s. the dr. I saw before did give me antiflamitory steroid dose pack and although they dont like to give that, it made me feel like nothing was wrong, when the dose pack was gone the problem came right back the next day.

By Anonymous on Friday, November 19, 2004 - 11:44 pm:

I have been feeling this please help me to get fast relief

By Anonymous on Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 11:39 am:

Hi, I am 18 years old and for about the past month I have been waking up with my hands stiff and numb. I can't even turn off my alarm clock in the morning or answer the phone. The only explaination I can think of is I am a cashier at a grocery store, I am a college student so I am constatly using the computer, and it may even be the type of pillow I am using. I use my hands a lot at my job and when I use the computer so maybe this is the cause. I really need your help and opinion before I spend a lot of money consulting a doctor. By the way, the numbness only last for about 5 to 10 minutes and it only happens in the morning. Thank you.

By erica heikkinen on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 11:25 am:

Hello I also have carpel tunnel in both hands I do wear wrist splints at nite and they help somewhat but my hands still go numb and hurt if hands are above head and sometimes they dont even have to that way for them to go numb I hate this it interupts my sleep many times I dont want surgery so what to do? does anybody have these same problems with this? or do you also experinse were if arms are crossed they are hard to move away from yourself real stiff and my hands fingers look swollen can you relate? thanks

By Anonymous on Tuesday, March 08, 2005 - 03:27 pm:

I'm a waiter and use my right hand to twist the cork out of the wine bottles. The last couple of weeks, I've been experiencing pain down the length of my forearm to my thumb. This past week I've been waking up in the morning with numb fingers. Is this classic carpol tunnel? Can anyone recommend a site that lists symptoms? Thank you

By Anonymous on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 06:19 pm:

Hello, have any of you with sore hands in the morning had a diagnosis other than carpal tunnel?? I wake up in the morning with extremely stiff fingers- hard to open. My doctor thinks it is carpal tunnel but I'm not convinced as none of the tests indicated it was carpal tunnel. Anyways, just wondering if anyone know of other reasons for these sore fingers in the morning??

By jon howes on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 08:57 am:

for the past year (more really but greatly increased in the past year) I have been waking up with my hands up to my shoulder "asleep"....if you call total numbness and pain enough to make me want to writhe and cry asleep. It seems a far cry from the symptoms of my extremeties falling asleep when i was younger. I also experience numbness when using a computer mouse, typing, riding a bike for any lenth of time, writing or drawing ( i believe i have allways had this problem though as i recall ....allways kept me from my school work for any extended length of time :) )It has never bothered me enough to do anything about it....but i just woke up at 430 in the morning again and i cant take it anymore....I have been to a doctor about it but he had no advice to give and seemed to be satisfied with the possible causes i supplied myself (IE sleeping on it wrong...too soft a mattress) It does seem to be agrivated when i sleep on my too soft a matress ( the wife likes it that way lol) but still happens when i sleep anywhere else (floor, couch) any help would be great,thanks

By Anonymous on Sunday, April 10, 2005 - 09:20 pm:

Hi, everyone that is experiencing pain of any kind, should explore having prolotherapy done. I have had back pain for over 14 years, (14 doctors), until I had this therapy done. Go to this website and read about it. (www.getprolo.com) I am now having carpol tunnel symptoms, and going to get this done on my wrist and hand. This is really an amazing procudure. I was very skeptel myself at first, but it really works.

By LizLinton on Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 04:53 am:

I play the piano and for the last 4 weeks, I have had complete numbness of my hands, starting at my wrists. It didn't involve my pinky, but now it is the complete hand, sometimes with a bit of pain in my forearm. I cannot get rid of the numbness and tingling. I try to shake it off but this doesn't help. What should I do - my mom has CIDP - is this related?

By amber on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 02:00 pm:

I have pain in my left wrist and numbness in my fingers.I can"t hold on to a glass or anything without the pain shooting into my arm and forearm.Please e-mail me on somethings i can do to ease the pain until i can have surgery.

By Anonymous on Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 08:56 am:

Last night my right thumb went numb. Well I still have feeling in it, it just feels as if my thumb is asleep. I am a graphic designer, so I use a computer every day. I woke up this morning and it still feels the same way. There is no pain in my wrist or in my arms. Any clue on what this can be, I have searched this on the internet and only two things came up as possible causes.

By Michelle Benson on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 12:06 pm:

I woke up this morning with my right hand and fingers numb (like it was asleep) and now even 6 hours later they are still tingling and my arm hurts a little. My chest ws hurting a little on the left side as well but it does a lot because i have acid reflux, high blood pressure and my body just went through a lot of major pain with getting 7 teeth pulled at once and dentures put in. I also sleep with my right arm under my pillow at night at thought this may be why my hand was numb and fingers but this has never happened before and not went away within a few minutes so im a little worried. Any advice from anyone out there

By Anonymous on Friday, November 04, 2005 - 04:54 am:

I STARTED WORKING AT TARGET DEPARTMENT STORE,AND I REALLY LIKED IT BUT I'M A STOCKER.ANDALL OF A SUDDEN I STARTED HAVING SOME VERY PAINFULPAIN IN MY WRIST,HANDS,NUMNESS IN BOTH HANDS,WRIST,FINGERS,STIFFNESS IN MY NECK.AND MY HANDS WOULD SWELLUP REAL BAD I COULDNT MOVE,ORCLOSE THEM.IWOULD LAY IN BED I JUST CRY.WITH SO MUCH PAIN. I DIDNT KNOW WHAT WAS WRONG WITH ME.I NEVER EXP THIS PAIN BEFORE.IT WAS HARABLE I FELT LIKE CUTTING MY HANDS OFF.SO I WENT TO THE ER AND THY TOLD ME I HAD CARPUL TUNNEL.SO IHAD TO CALLIN TO WORK.ITHY TOLDME BRING MY PROOF THAT I NEEDED TO BE OUT OF WORK FOR AT LEAST 5 DAYS. MY LEADMANGER NEW WHAT IT WAS BUT NEVER REPORTED IT. WHEN I FIRST TOLD HER ABOUT IT.WELL WHEN THY SEND ME TO THER CLINIC.THE DOCTOR THAT SAW ME.HE SAID I HAD TENOSYNOVITIS.ON BOTH WRIST,AND HANDS.THY GAVE ME SOME MEDS,AND SEND ME TO THARPY,FOR WEEKS,AND NOW THE COMPANYS INS.DENINDMY CLAIME.NOW I'M STUCK WITH ALL THE BILLS.AND STILL.IN PAIN AND GOING TO THOUGH DEPRESSION AND ANXITY,BAD THY PUT ME ON ALEAVE OF ABSENT WITHOUT PAY.NOW ME,AND MY WHOLE FAMLY ARE SUFFERING FRM IT.NO ONE WHAT'S TO HELP US. WE ARE STUGGLING IT.FOOD PAYING.OWER LIGHT,PHONE,WATER,HOUSESPAYMT.DOCTORBILLS,ECT. WHAT DO THINK ABOUT THAT.MY KIDS NOW THERE WELL BE NO CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR BECAUSE OF MY ILLNESS .THATS SO SAD.BUT I'M STILL HEREIN SO MUCH PAIN. IS THERE SOMEONEOUT THERE THAT CAN HELP ME AND MY FAMILY.ANY LITTLE THING WELL HELP. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH. GOD BLESS YOU..

By Anonymous on Saturday, November 19, 2005 - 01:06 am:

For the last three months or so I have had pain in my neck, down my arm (mostly in my elbow, which is tender to the touch) and into my hand where I now often have numbness in my fingers. It seems to be worse when I go home and change cloths, trying to relax.

It has been so bad the last few days, that I am unable to sleep do to the throbing. The common pain relievers (Motrin, etc.) do not seem to touch the pain.

I work in a Dr's office four days a week, twelve hours a day. Am constantly on the computer and checking patients in and out. I have noticed that my "elbow" is on the edge of the desk, most of the time.

By Ruth Millsap on Saturday, November 19, 2005 - 04:48 pm:

Tuesday morning I woke with the tip of my thumb numb, only on the outer side. Could it be carpal tunnel syndrome? It is accompanied by tingling. I thought the symptoms would have gone away by now. I am a computer operator, and have been for the past 18 years. Just wondering what this could be....

By Debra Lovett on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 11:27 am:

I have been experiencing tingles/numbness of my right hand for 3 to 4 months now. Sometimes this is combined with numbness and tingles of the right leg as well. It has now progressed to swelling of the fingers, hand, and forearm. I awake at night with it being numb as well. I do work at a computer 7-8 hours a day and it is often worse during this time-or when I am writing. Is this something I should see a doctor for?

By celia williams on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 09:11 am:

For a year now I have been having a burning sensation in the palm of my right hand sometimes with a tingling feeling in my fingers. It can be very uncomfortabe at times but if I was to get up for a little while the feeling soon goes away.
Is this a serious problem that needs a doctor's attention?

By Anonymous on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 07:14 am:

Hi anyone out there who like me has had surgery on both hands to relieve pressure on the carpal tunnel,only to be left with pain in little fingers and ring fingers due to problem with ulnar nerve now.

By RichHenry on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 03:37 am:

I've had the carpul tunnel surgery on both hands and I've found that I have constant pain on the outside of each hand near the wrist joint. Also a loss of strength in both hands. It's been over six years and I would like to know if others have experienced the same thing after their surgery and what you do to relieve the pain.

By Sue Druce on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 02:00 pm:

Hi, Can any one give me good news on surgery? I am due to have surgery on one of my hands in a couple of weeks, then hopefully the other later, surely it must be better than this nagging pain and sleepless nights? The doctor told me 90% of ops are ok. I am so fed up of the feelings of weakness in the wrists and cold numb hands, it is getting worse so I was looking forward to the op.

By tracey virli on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 05:18 am:

Hi i have had surgery on both hands after suffering for years with painful wrists,tingling fingers and loss of grip. unfortunately for me i am now left with pain in other side of hands and i am currently wearing splints at night to try to ease the pain with a view to more surgery in the future.

By tracey virli on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 05:22 am:

dear sue i hope your surgery is a success,don,t be put off by other peoples stories like doctor said 90% of surgery is ok, Hope it goes ok for you and u soon feel better.

By tracey virli on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 05:33 am:

Hi rich just been reading your message we seem to suffer from alot of the same symptoms,what else are they doin for you. I am having physio and been fitted with a splint to wear at night to keep arm in one position.My pain is on the outside of arm running up to my elbow now,also have pain in little fingers and one next to it.Suffer with lots of pins and needles during the day,which eases at night with wearing the splint,right hand is worse as i am right handed. Also like you my strength is greatly reduced now,therapist tested it last week it was only 12 should be about 25 she said for my age.

By Renee on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 03:10 am:

Both of my hands are numb. But my right hand I use the most is swollen just above the wrist on my forearm. My vains there are even swollen, and the pain goes up to my collar bone. It even bothers me if its down to my side. Dont have a strong grip. I work in housekeeping in a hospital after 9 years, and they said its not job related. So I'm going to have that test with electrodes. Does anyone have this problem? Is it carpul tunnel? I cant go like this to much longer. I cant get into this doctor until May 31st.Help!

By Anonymous on Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 12:33 pm:

I've been suffering with CT for the past year. No one actually put a label on it until very recently. I kept thinking it was coming from my spine or a pinched nerve in my neck because if I positioned my head and back a certain way... the tingling would sort of subside. Through a close friend I was told about Low Light Laser (also called cold laser) and the success it's been having with Carpol Tunnel patients. I'm very sceptical but thought I'd try it before I opt for surgery. Had one treatment ($40) and feel a little better today. I'm committed to giving it a good try. By the way, the procedure is being given by a chiropractor.

By bee on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 02:57 am:

hi there
mine started with my neck,felt like i slept funny.got progressively worse.then woke up one night and moved funny and that was it,ended up having to go up to hospital as was in the worst pain i ever experienced,i had three kids and would rather go through labour than that again.they gave me morphine and it didnt take away the pain.it was down my left arm and in my shoulder.really intense and my left thumb went numb.they said i got a trapped nerve in my neck.told me to do neck exercises and it would be fine,yeah right!! that was three weeks ago.my thumb still numb my lower arm is agony and my shoulder still really hurts.pain also in my other fingers now.living on painkillers at the moment.having private physio once a week (which isnt cheap) with acupuncture.but thinking of stopping as it isnt doing any good.off work sick i am a care worker.just read about carpal tunnel and wondering why this hasnt been suggested to me my doctor.how long have i got to suffer and what else could i try?its so painful and making my life a misery at the moment.i taking 800 mg slow release ibruprofen at the moment which i take late afternoon and during the day i take co praxomaol every four hours on the dot,tried to not take tablets and the pain was too intense.finding it hard with three kids to look after.does anyone know how long the symtoms go on for too,this is the fourth week for me now with no improvement.

By Mary Ellen Lloyd on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 04:20 pm:

Some of everything, folks. I had thumb joint replacement surgery on both hands (left Feb 2005, right March 2006)plus I also had carpal tunnel surgery to my right hand in March at the same surgery time. Now I have carpal tunnel in my left hand, and will need that done, but this one hurts more in my elbow. It feels like I hit my funny bone, all day and all night, and I can't sleep. I also have sciatica (I had six children, then my second job was in a bakery as the closer - and it killed my scoliosis - I have both cervical and lumbar scoliosis - and that job sent me into sciatica and I now see a chiropractor.) The chiropractor tells me he can cure my carpal tunnel and NOT to get surgery, but his last treatment made me worse than ever and now he is on vacation for twelve days! Naturally. This is awful. IN ADDITION TO ALL THIS, I have swollen and stiff wrists and fingers. They think I have rheumatoid arthritis, too! I am so exasperated from problems of my spine and hands/fingers/wrists/arms. My first job has always been as an administrator, lots of typing and bookkeeping, so between that and raising six kids and cleaning all those dishes and pans and changing all those bed linens - and diapers! - I guess this is how I wound up this way. I suffer so much, and I know you all do, too.

By Angelique on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 09:36 pm:

A cautionary tale:
Suffered 2 herniated cervical discs in work injury - employer tried everything to deny liability, but it was proven. Specialist advised it would take up to 5yrs to resolve [if at all] without surgery. Referred to surgeon. Did not want surgery. Employer would not provide aids to enable job completion without. In pain, wanted life back to normal. Underwent neurosurgery - two disc replacements. Thought it would be like replacement spare parts and could have life back. How naive. More problems. Second disc not sited properly. Increasing pain in both arms - like carpel tunnel. Two years later, MRI shows stenosis, effacement of CSF and indentation of cord along with bony growths. More pain. Unable to involve in any active sports. Unable to type for long periods. Meanwhile, employer has created toxic work environment to force resignation. Lawyers involved at my expense. Overall nightmare.
If you have herniated discs - really consider options.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: